Tuesday, October 15, 2019

Chapter 24: Lean on Me

I started back to work on November 1, 2018. The joy I felt at being able to do so was enormous! Each day, I posted on my Facebook page another reason to be thankful this year. The reasons were sufficient. All glory went to God!​

But, I started thinking about my recent situation. I could have died alone in my new home. There was no one there the day I slept for 32 hours straight. No one came to make sure that I was hydrated, or not so ill I couldn't facilitate myself. No one was there but my baby dogs, and they had no way of alerting anyone if I was in danger. 

The more I thought about it, the more I prayed about it. Finally, I made a decision to fix the problem as best I could without endangering the single life I had grown accustomed to. I called on my friends who had helped me out during the transition to my new home -- the two homeless guys that I had helped to acquire a one bedroom apartment they could afford. 

I proposed a deal to rent them my two bedrooms at a price they could afford. 

Two weeks later, they decided to take me up on the offer. 

I then was faced with the problem of furnishing my home to make them comfortable. 

I was blessed when my mother informed me that she was selling some of the stuff in my grandma's house to help pay for the taxes on the property, as my grandma had passed away the year before, and she was executor to her estate. 

I was able to procure two sets of mattresses, a book shelf, a pantry shelf, a couch, a file cabinet, and a coffee table for a very low price. And, since I didn't have the money right off the bat, mom added the cost to the loan I already owed her and was paying her monthly for. Then, she and my stepdad hauled it to my new home. 

On November 28, Fred and Gary moved in with me. I felt the blessings overflow as I realized that I didn't have to watch my favorite shows alone anymore, and that I could cook more without worrying about wasting food, and that they needed me as much as I needed them. We could go places together and enjoy life together. 

I made it clear that I was not looking for a mate, and that it was a platonic relationship for all involved. I thanked God that they felt the same way. When they moved in, I made it clear that we were now "family", and my home was their home, and I expected it to be treated as such. I don't know, but I think they were as happy about the arrangement as I was, for all of the same reasons. 

I looked forward to having two companions in my life for a while. We could struggle and overcome obstacles together -- just as God intended for God's family to do.

Ecclesiastes 4:10
“For if they fall, the one will lift up his fellow: but woe to him that isalone when he falleth; for he hath not another to help him up.” 


No comments:

Post a Comment