Thursday, July 11, 2019

Chapter 8: Allow Yourself to be Pampered

In order to “love thy neighbor as thyself”, I had to first learn to love myself. I came to the conclusion that I should never have a relationship with someone who couldn’t pamper me better than I could pamper myself. Then, I decided that I really wasn’t even looking for a relationship with another man anymore, because God was pampering me better than I had ever been pampered in my life.

It had been years since I had put on any make up, let alone jewelry. I didn’t own any. I hadn’t even thought about this until one day when I was getting ready for church. I happened to open my medicine cabinet as I was looking for my brush when the thought hit me: I had no makeup or jewelry and I wanted to look good.

Looking good was never a priority to me. I knew that, after all, God looked on the heart, not what was on your back. I was content with looking plain and decent. However, something inside of me that morning said, “I am the King’s daughter. I should look the part…” I immediately made a note in my “Things I’m asking God for” list.

Right on cue, that very day, one of the ladies at church gave me a bag of makeup that she didn’t have any use for. I hadn't even asked for it. No one even knew I had these thoughts. But, God did. I gladly took it. It was an answer to a prayer that I hadn’t really prayed, but God knew I wanted. The next Sunday, she gave me bags of jewelry, complete with lots of earrings, necklaces, rings and bracelets, and nail polish. There was so much there that it would have filled 3 jewelry boxes.

I couldn’t wait to start looking good for God. I even gave myself a haircut!

I had beautiful clothes in my closet, shoes to wear, and jewelry and makeup fit for a queen, and I hadn’t paid a penny for any of it! This Princess was so grateful!

God said, “You are my daughter, my princess. Look the part”, then He provided so I could!

On top of that, my “Things I’m asking God for” list was almost gone. I had learned the meaning of “wait”. I expected answers to all of my prayers, even the smallest ones, and I KNEW my God was there, He was willing, and He was able.​

I had learned that there is only one man in this world who is truly capable of loving me "forever and a day", and He was tortured to set me free over two thousand years ago. He defeated hell and the grave in order to give me life with Him "forever and a day." There isn't a man alive who has ever gone through that for me, or ever could. And, there is only one man who has ever lived that has never given up on me, and loves me no matter how many times I fail him.

I came to the conclusion that it would definitely take an act of God to make me happy with anyone else after getting to know Him.

No comments:

Post a Comment