Tuesday, July 16, 2019

Chapter 9: My Rich Father Blessed me with a Live In Maid!

Work was hard at the hospital. I came home sore all over, barely able to walk. My dogs needed walking I had two by then, because a neighbor had a chihuahua that needed bred, and my Milo got the honors. In payment, I got the pick of the litter. My house needed to be cleaned, and usually it stayed in disarray until my days off, when I grudgingly spent it cleaning rather than relaxing.

I came home one day exasperated over how tired I was. I didn’t even feel like cooking anything to eat. I sat down and cried in frustration at the state of my apartment.

“God, You have done so much for me. Would asking for a live-in maid be too much? I’m really tired!”

I thought, it couldn’t hurt to ask. Then, I laughed at myself for expecting something so extravagant when I only made a little above minimum wage at my job and I was still struggling to pay bills.

Luke 11:9

“And I say unto you, Ask, and it shall be given you; seek, and ye shall find; knock, and it shall be opened unto you.”


Then, suddenly, I got a promotion at work. In just a matter of a few weeks I went from struggling to being able to open a savings account. God blessed me above and beyond what I had asked for! However, the work did not come easier with the promotion. It was harder and required feet that were even more tired by the end of the day.

As I was settling into my new supervisory role at work, my days off became even more appreciated. My hours at work had changed and I became more of a “day sleeper”.

One day, just two weeks after my promotion, as I slept, there was a knock at my door. I went to answer the door. Standing in front of me was a neighbor who had brought a familiar face to visit. With him stood an ex-employee of mine from a decade past when I owned my own business. She hugged me and said, “He told me you lived here and I just had to come by and say hello!”

She told me that she was between relationships and was homeless. I told her that if she would help me with the housework, I’d gladly offer her my couch to sleep on. I trusted her immensely.

To my astonishment, and delight, she accepted.

God had just brought my live-in maid right to my doorstep! What a God! I danced and praised Him for days as I waited for her to get moved in.


No comments:

Post a Comment